Google Adds New Feature That Let’s You ‘Smell’ Your Search Results
We’re excited to announce our newest addition to Search: Google Nose. What do wet dogs smell like? Google Nose! How about victory? Google Nose! Try searching on Google for “wet dog” and explore other smells that people sniffed for, or visit google.com/nose to learn more. Happy smelling!
What’s that smell?
- Google NoseBETA leverages new and existing technologies to offer the sharpest olfactory experience available:
- Street Sense vehicles have inhaled and indexed millions of atmospheric miles.
- Android Ambient Odor Detection collects smells via the world’s most sensible mobile operating system.
- SMELLCD™ 1.8+ high-resolution compatible for precise and controlled odors.
The new scentsation in search
- Coming to your senses: go beyond type, talk, and touch for a new notation of sensation.
- Your internet sommelier: expertly curated Knowledge Panels pair images, descriptions, and aromas.
- Take a whiff: the Google Aromabase – 15M+ scentibytes.
- Don’t ask, don’t smell: For when you’re wary of your query – SafeSearch included.
Our choices/suggestions are to Search: Records, Studios, and Radios. You Won’t Believe The Results.
What do you think of this new feature? Are We Finally Going To Have Smell-O-Vision soon? Tell us your thoughts!