(2PAC- Against All Odds w. Lyrics) Henchman’ Admits To Trying To Whack Tupac in 1994

James “Jimmy Henchman” Rosemond admitted to arranging the 1994 ambush of Tupac Shakur that almost resulted in the rapper’s death, The Village Voice reports.

Rosemond is not having a good month. He was found guilty on 13 counts of drug charges June 5 and was more recently indicted on a murder-for-hire charge June 22, according to The New York Times.

However, he will not be charged with what is perhaps his most culturally significant revelation, arranging “the near-fatal 1994 ambush of rap star Tupac Shakur at New York’s Quad Recording Studios that marked a pivotal moment in American pop history,” The Voice reported.

Facing a life sentence for his drug convictions, Rosemond’s confession came out during an attempt to make a deal with the prosecutors that would reduce his sentence. He apparently “came clean… shortly after his former best friend, Dexter Isaac, stepped forward last summer to publicly confess that he had led the attack on Shakur in 1994,” according to The Voice.

Isaac admitted he was payed $2,500 by Rosemond to rob the rapper at the studio, “plus all the jewelry I took, except for one ring, which [Rosemond] wanted for himself… I still have as proof the chain that we took that night in the robbery,” he allegedly wrote in a statement released to allhiphop.com.

The shooting, which “turned friends Tupac and The Notorious B.I.G. into bitter enemies and eventually led to demise of both of their lives,” was classified as a robbery and because the statue of limitations on robbery is seven years, “the involved parties will see zero jail time for this,” according to Hip Hop Wired.

The Voice reported that Rosemond’s confession “surfaced May 14 during a sidebar in the same Brooklyn federal court where Rosemond was later convicted of operating a multimillion-dollar crack ring.”

Many accused Rosemond of involvement in the Quad Studio attack at the time and Tupac even mentioned the tension existing between the two before the shooting in his song, “Against All Odds,” whose lyrics include:

Promised a payback, Jimmy Henchman, in due time
I know you bitch niggas is listenin, The World Is Mine
Set me up, wet me up, niggas stuck me up
Heard the guns bust but you tricks never shut me up

The attack “sparked a new level of violence in the East v. West Coast rap war … Though rumors had circled the incident for years, no one was found guilty of the crime,” reportedThe Huffington Post.

[trafficplayer_skin padding: 28px 0 0 68px; margin: 0 auto; width: 652px; height: 411px; background: url(http://musikreform.com/blog4/wp-content/themes/magazine-basic/images/skin7.png) no-repeat top left; text-align: left;][trafficplayer_youtube_video width="480" height="274" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ASIod14r-KI?&autohide=1&controls=0&hd=0&rel=0&showinfo=0" ][/trafficplayer_youtube_video][/trafficplayer_skin]

One love, one love, one thug
One nation, twenty-one gun salute

I'm hopin my true motherfuckers know
This be the realest shit I ever wrote
Against all odds, up in the studio, gettin blowed
To the truest shit I ever spoke

Twenty-one gun salute, dressed in fatigue, black jeans and boots
Disappeared in the crowd, all you seen was troops
This little nigga named Nas thinks he live like me
Talkin bout he left the hospital took five like me
You living fantasies, nigga I reject your deposit
We shook Dre punk ass, now we out of the closet
Mobb Deep wonder why nigga blowed them out
Next time grown folks talk, nigga close your mouth
Peep me, I take this war shit deeply
Done seen too many real players fall to let these bitch niggas beat me
Puffy lets be honest you a punk or you will see me with gloves
Remember that shit you said to Vibe about me bein a thug
You can tell the people you roll with whatever you want
But you and I know what's going on
Payback, I knew you bitch niggas from way back
Witness me strapped with Macs, knew I wouldn't play that
All you old rappers trying to advance
It's all over now, take it like a man
Niggas lookin like Larry Holmes, flabby and sick
Tryin to player hate on my shit, you eat a fat dick
Let it be known this is how you made me
Lovin how I got you niggas crazy

Against all odds
Hopin my thug motherfuckers know
This be the realest shit I ever wrote
Against all odds, up in the studio, gettin blowed
To the truest shit I ever spoke, against all odds
Hopin my true motherfuckers know
This be the realest shit I ever wrote

I heard he was light skinned, stocky with a Haitian accent
Jewelery, fast cars and he's known for flashing (What's his name???)
Listen while I take you back (NIGGA SAY HIS NAME!) and lace this rap
A real live tale about a snitch named Haitian Jack
Knew he was workin for the feds, same crime, different trials
Nigga, picture what he said, and did I mention
Promised a payback, Jimmy Henchman, in due time
I know you bitch niggas is listenin, The World Is Mine
Set me up, wet me up, niggas stuck me up
Heard the guns bust but you tricks never shut me up
Touch one of mine on everything I own
I'll destroy everything you touch, play the game nigga
All out warfare, eye for eye
Last words to a bitch nigga, "WHY YOU LIE?!?"
Now you gotta watch your back, now watch your front
Here we come, gunshots too Tutt, now you stuck
Fuck the rap game, nigga this M-O-B
So believe me we enemies, I go against all odds

I'm hopin my true motherfuckers know
This be the realest shit I ever wrote
Against all odds, up in the studio, gettin blowed
To the truest shit I ever spoke
I'm hopin my true motherfuckers know
This be the realest shit I ever wrote
Against all odds

Puffy gettin robbed like a bitch, to hide the fact
he did some shit he shouldn't have did, so we ride em for that
And that nigga that was down for me, restin dead
Switch sides, guess his new friends wanted him dead
Probably be murdered for the shit that I said
I bring the real, be a legend, breathin the dead
Lord listen to me
God don't like ugly, It Was Written
(ey yo Nas) Nas, your whole damn style is bitten
You heard my melody, read about my life in the papers
All my run-ins with authorities, felonious capers
Now you wanna live my life, so what's the answer Nas?
Niggas that don't rhyme right, you've seen too many movies
Load em up against the wall, close his eyes
Since you lie you die, GOODBYE
Let the real live niggas hear the truth from me
What would you do if you was me nigga

Against all odds
I'm hopin my true motherfuckers know
This be the realest shit I ever wrote
Against all odds, up in the studio, gettin blowed
To the truest shit I ever spoke
[repeat]

Against all odds
[Twenty-one gun salute]
One love to my true thug niggas (Outlaw! Outlaw! Outlaw!)
Twenty-one gun salute to my niggas that die in the line of duty
Representin to the fullest bein soldiers with military minds
that play the rules of the game, twenty-one gun salute
I salute you my niggas, stay strong
I ride for you, I rhyme for you, I roll for you, it's all for you
To all you bitch made niggas, I'm comin for you
Against all odds, I don't care who the fuck you is, nigga
You touch me I'm at you
I know you motherfuckers think that I forgot
Hell no I ain't forgot nigga
I just remember what you told me
You said don't go to war unless I got my money behind me
Aight, I got my money right here, now I want war

As reported on Dailycaller.com